Keto does NOT mean “lack of flavor”. This recipe is full of flavor and will be a favorite…just watch and see. This recipe could also be used for Pork instead of chicken if you so desire.
- 1/2 C. Pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 C. Bread Crumbs- I use zero carb bread, processed in a food processor
- 2 T. Sugar free syrup, divided
- 2 T. Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally into 2 thinner pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. Butter, divided
- 3 T. Bourbon
- 1/2 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 C, pecans, chopped
- Combine finely chopped pecans and bread crumbs in a large ziplock bag. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of syrup and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and brush the Dijon mixture on both sides.
- One at a time, add a chicken breast to the pecan/bread crumb mixture, shaking the bag to coat it well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat 1 T. butter and oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides. Partial cook. Transfer chicken to a casserole dish and place in oven to finish cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- To the skillet where you cooked the chicken, add bourbon, 1 tablespoon syrup, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, heavy cream, cayenne pepper and pecans to pan. Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 T. butter until melted.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, place a piece of chicken on a plate and top with the bourbon pecan sauce. Great with a side of sautéed asparagus and broiled cabbage slices. ENJOY