KETO Reuben Sandwich
Craving a different kind of lunch but still need it to be quick and easy?! Here’s an option for you! The Classic Reuben, keto-fied! Be sure to add up the carbs for your ingredients. For me, this hearty meal comes in below 3 net carbs!
- 8 slices KETO bread- I use the LEWIS brand from Walmart- zero net carbs!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Russian dressing, recipe follows
- 1 pound sliced, or shredded corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 C. Mayo
- 3 T. No-Sugar Ketchup
- 1 T. Shallot, grated or finely chopped
- 1 T. Horseradish
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
Make the Sandwiches:
Butter each slide of bread on side. Set aside on serving plates, 2 slices for each sandwich. On the unbuttered side, generously spread Russian dressing. In your skillet, heat up corned beef and sauerkraut, ingredients on separate sides of the skillet. Once heated through, add corned beef to one side of each sandwich. Top with sauerkraut and cheese slices (2 per sandwich). Add more sauce, if desired. Top each sandwich with remaining bread slice, dressing side down. Heat your large skillet or panini press, over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches into the pan, working in batches if needed, and grill each sandwich for approximately 3 minutes per side or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is fully melted. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately with a pickle spear!