Before this recipe, our family used Joseph’s Pita as the basis of our personal pizzas. However, this crust was voted as the new family favorite. It’s easy to put together and quick to bake. The ENTIRE crust has 10 net carbs. For you Weight Watchers peeps, the entire crust would count as 12 points, so divide up accordingly to what you dish up.
- 1.5 Cups Carbquik
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning optional
- 1/3-2/3 cup hot water
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 450′. Mix Carbquick, salt and Italian seasoning well.
- With a fork, slowly stir in water until a dough forms that will stick to itself without sticking to your hands. (Water needed will vary depending on humidity.)
- Form a ball of dough and place in the center of a piece of parchment paper.
- Place another sheet of paper on top and roll dough flat with a rolling pin.
- Atop a cookie sheet, remove top parchment paper keeping the crust on the bottom parchment. Or, transfer the crust to a silpat liner as I prefer (see in pic below). Use a fork to poke air vents in your crust.
- Place crust on a cookie sheet and pre-bake for 2-3 minutes. This is with no toppings.
- Pause baking of your pizza crust and add desired sauce and toppings. Resume baking the piza for another 8-12 minutes. Don’t let the edges burn.
- Let cool slightly. Slice and enjoy!