Weight Watchers Friendly Sweet Potato Casserole
Allowing 7 Weight Watcher points for a side item is high (in my opinion), but this recipe is a GREAT alternative to the standard recipes loaded with sugar.
For the topping:
Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 4 Medium/Large Sweet Potatoes, baked and scooped out (need 3 cups)
- 1 cup Xylitol
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 6 T. butter, melted
- Combine brown sugar, Carbquick, nuts and butter in mixing bowl for the crust. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, Xylitol, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Beat thoroughly with a mixer to increase the fluffiness of the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Can be refrigerated and cooked later if so desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes and return to oven for 10 minutes. Should be slightly browned and crunchy. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy…and share the recipe with friends and family.