Mamaw’s Chicken Pot Pie
My Mamaw made the best chicken pot pie. It was so rich and tasty. The kind that seemed like it had been baking for hours. She taught me about the secret ingredient and it truly makes for a scrumptious pot pie! This is a great recipe to carry to sick friends, to make for fellowship dinners, or to just have on a cold dreary day.
- Meat of choice (chicken or ham), few cups chopped. A rotisserie chicken works well too!
- 1 can of Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 can of Evaporated Milk- the secret ingredient
- Large can of Veg-All Homestyle Vegetables, drained
- Can of Shoepeg Corn, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Refrigerated pie crust (rolled up in box type)
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients, except pie crust. Line a deep dish (I use my Dutch oven pot) with one of the pie crust. Pour in your filling. Place the other pie crust on top and pinch the edges together. Bake for approx 1 hour. If the edges start to brown early, make a foil “snake” and lay it on top of the edges so prevent additional browning/burning. Once the crust is golden all over, remove from the oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving. You will love this rich comfort food! Even better the next day!
Enjoy! Share this recipe with family and friends.