Black Cherry Lemonade
Creativity goes beyond a glue gun and dollar store supplies for me. What started out as a way to incorporate lemon juice and more water into my keto diet, became a refreshing black cherry lemonade. This treat (meaning, you have this ever so often) was a delightful addition to my lunch, and a way to use up carbs I end up having left over every day.
There are many benefits to lemon juice, so go ahead and GTS it- “Google that Sxxx”. I should also add a little disclaimer here. This recipe will “get things moving”, if you know what I mean. So, don’t go crazy and fix these all day long. Your family will see lots less of you, and you’ll need to stock up on restroom paper products. However, if you have personal plumbing issues, this could be your natural ticket to R.E.L.I.E.F.
- 3 T. Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice, or fresh squeezed- zero carbs. I buy mine from Walmart.
- 1 T. Xylitol, or your choice of sweetener- zero net carbs
- Water- I don’t measure, but it’s about half a glass full. You’ll need room for ice. You can always dilute down later if too tart. Zero carbs.
- Frozen Black Cherries- 1/4 C. is about 5 carbs, so use what you can afford in your daily macros. I love the Publix brand.
It’s simple. You throw it all in a blender, or my preferred Magic Bullet and blend well. It will become a slightly frothy pink drink. Pour over ice. Insert a cute straw and enjoy.
- Substitute black cherries for other frozen low-carb fruit such as strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
- Instead of plain water, use a sparkling water or no carb soda (such as a La Croix). Mix all other ingredients and then stir by hand to add the sparkling water.
- Add a drop or two of ingest-able essential oils such as lemon, lime, or grapefruit.
- Be bold and add a little fresh mint.
- Make a slushy by adding ice to the blender versus serving over ice.
- Instead of lemon juice, use lime juice.
Get your creative juices flowing and make it your own. Did you enjoy this recipe? I’d love to hear from you. Please share with your low carb/keto/lemonade loving friends.