High Fah-lutent Mac and Cheese
A prior coworker would make this mac and cheese for our luncheons. When I asked for the recipe, he told me it wasn’t your run of the mill recipe. He said it was called High Falutent Mac and Cheese and that I would be surprised to know the less than standard ingredients. Bring it on. I had tasted the goodness and wanted my family to experience it too. I’ve been the Mac and Cheese maker for family events ever since.
* 12 oz Penne Pasta (sometimes I use Bowtie)
* 16 oz small curd cottage cheese
* 16 oz sour cream
* 1 can Campbell’s Fiesta Nacho Condensed Soup
* 1 tsp dry mustard
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2-cup pkg shredded sharp cheddar
* 2-cup pkg shredded colby/jack
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
2. Mix all other ingredients together except the last package of cheese.
3. Place cooked pasta into 13×9 pan and stir in the cheese mixture. Get all pasta covered as evenly as you can.
4. Top this with the package of colby/jack.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until desired browning.
Feel free to share this with your family and friends!