I’m going to be honest with you, some of the cauliflower recipes out there are simply gross. We need to stop trying to make this low carb veggie into something it isn’t. I stumbled across a recipe and made it my own. I have since made variations of my original recipe. It can morph into a version that your taste buds crave. I’ve also found that this recipe gets better with each passing day. No need to worry about having to toss out left overs.
Ingredients (measurements to suit your taste):
- Cauliflower pieces
- Cheese- this will vary according to your version. Mozzarella or feta are my fav’s.
- Salami, cut into slivers
- Pepperoni, cut into slivers
- Basil, cut into slivers. I’d like to try a version with cilantro. It just sounds good!
- Spinach, tough stems removed. I use a big hand full.
- Tomato’s- Tommy Toe’s cut in halves
- Red Onion, sliced thin
- Peppers- pepperoncini, jalapenos, whatever you like
- Olives- you choose black or green
- 1/2 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 T. seasoning- italian or greek, according to your ‘version’ of the recipe
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
Once mixed up, refrigerate and let it “come together” before serving. ENJOY!
According to my calculations, one serving comes up to about 289 calories, 27.4 g of fat, 3.8 carbs, 1 g. of fiber, and 10.3 g. of protein.